Latest Blog Posts
- Career Advice For CS Students I’ve been searching for a job over the last several months since graduating with a B.S. in Computer Science. One major conclusion that I have come to is that my education did not prepare me for this process.
- Should companies change their hiring process? To keep up with my theme of software engineering job interviews, I’d like to explore an alternative to the more traditional process of technical interviewing.
- Is Github Needed To Get Hired? I’ve been on the hunt for a full-time job since I graduated last year. Granted, theeffort I’ve put in till recently has been.. less than ideal. We can talkabout that later though. Short version is I’ve been doing contracted consulting work.
- Is it better to bang your head against a wall or to ignore the problem? For the past month I’ve been working on a project for a client. As part of my desire toalways continue learning new things, I switched up my usual tech stack for this one.
- Hackintosh, a blessing or nightmare? I’m one of those engineers that prefers using vim and terminal dev environment. Which forme means using either a linux distro or macOS. Since I’m also someone who has grownaccustomed to my macbook pro, and the apps that go along with it, I really wanted to staywithin that ecosystem.